Barbara La Point is a highly accomplished leader with over 15 years experience in implementing several educational programs and business operations from the ground up. Specializing in generating a revenue stream and fundraising in the nonprofit sector, exploring new business opportunities and developing dynamic programming, and building strategic, long-term relationships with stakeholders. Proven track record of implementing the necessary business development strategies to accomplish breakthrough team objectives while managing key relationships, and establishing an immediate rapport with clients. Experienced in supporting the financial planning and accounting team in areas of budgeting, reporting, forecasting and sales. Lifelong commitment to the arts that has included Program Development at Siksika Outreach School and the role of President for the Calgary Boys Choir.
• Client Relationship Management
• Training & Development
• Leadership & Team Building
• Negotiating & Mediation
• Fundraising/Revenue Generation
• Sales & Marketing Leadership
• New Business Development
• Strategic Event Planning
• Quality & Process Improvement
• Documentation & Reporting
• Collaborative Leadership Style
• Experienced Board Member
BACHELORS OF ARTS
Major in Painting & Minor in Women’s Studies
Alberta College of Art and Design • Calgary, AB • 2014
Neurolistic Practitioner Certification | Erickson College International | 2015
The Art and Science of Coaching | Erickson College International | 2014
Coaching Competencies for Leaders | Erickson International | 2019
Freedom to Love Expanding Emotional Intelligence | Erickson International | 2016
First Degree Reiki Certificate, Second Degree Reiki Certificate, 7 Chakra Healing | 2013
Experienced in Spanish
American Sign Language
Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams
Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
Twitter + Tik Tok
Program Consultant | October 2016 - Present
Stardale Foundation, Calgary, AB
Responsible for developing critical thinking based arts curriculum that utilizes therapeutic modalities
Work with teen girls that have barriers around abuse, poverty and addiction with goal of building their confidence
Director and Owner
October 2014 - August 2016
• Spearheaded the operation of an art gallery which featured monthly art exhibits as well as a strong regular showings of Canada’s leading contemporary artists
• Managed and mentored a diverse team of individuals possessing a varying range of skills in a multi-faceted, high volume environment. Mentored staff to ensure goals and objectives were met or exceeded.
• Oversaw all gallery operational activities, client relations, marketing strategies, advertising, public relations, promotions, funding applications, purchasing agreements and inventory
• Monitored financial planning and prepare a budget including reviewing revenue increasing strategies.
• Prepared comprehensive presentations for obtaining funding for the gallery
• Led quarterly stakeholder meetings
Director and Owner
Barbara La Pointe Studio
September 2008 - August 2014
• Created Barbara La Pointe Studio, a private art studio and consulting firm that offered quality bilingual art instruction to children in grades 1-12; and curating art exhibitions
• Managed financial planning and budget
• Attended trade shows, seminars, and events to promote the studio
Run, Jump and Play Program
September 2006 - June 2008
• Managed the agenda for several Non-Profit Organizations board meetings in collaboration with the success of the Run, Jump and Play Program
• Oversaw sales/marketing and administrative departments, drafted sales and marketing plans, cultivated and preserved client relationships, reconciled service issues and overall internal program operations
• Managed evaluation of community impact goals, financial objectives and future strategic planning
• Provided visionary leadership to all of the strategic resource partners, stakeholders, staff & volunteer base.
• Spearheaded operations for Run, Jump and Play Program including managed departmental budgets, staff meetings, and strategic planning.
• Implemented new marketing strategies, processes, procedures as well as training and integration.
• Negotiated and managed vendor contracts and pricing.
Indigenous Art | Professional Development Workshops at Calgary Board of Education
Program Development at Siksika Outreach School worked with Junior High and High School kids from vulnerable backgrounds, Strathmore, AB
Volunteer at The Junior League, Edmonton & Calgary, AB
President of Calgary Boys Choir, Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB
Copyright © 2021 Barbara La Pointe - All Rights Reserved.
I live and work in Calgary, located within Treaty 7 and the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi from the Blackfoot Confederacy, including the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai Nations; the Îyârhe Nakoda of the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley Nations; and the Dene of the Tsuut’ina Nation. Southern Alberta is also home to the Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3.
I acknowledge that we have ongoing responsibilities to protect and honour all of life within our shared reality as treaty people.